Sunday, November 6, 2011

Quote


"I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams." Act II, Scene ii

            I chose this quote out of the fear that there is to enter a different world. It is rather easy to stay in one's comfort zone, able to complete consistent actions flawlessly, but to enter the bigger picture is sheer lunacy to many. It particularly made me think of graduating. Some people are excited to leave the "shit hole" they call Lodi, while others are fearful to enter the adult life. Perhaps they are reluctant to leave the life of tears and joy they developed in Lodi, but perhaps it may be the fear that they may not make it in the world. Some affluent names in Lodi may be prominent in Lodi, but they have no bearing at all in a town a mere fifteen minutes away. Personally, I'm excited yet scared to enter the world. I'm excited to enter the world of college whether it be Harvard, Yale, or Rutgers and make a mark on the world; I also hope to be a person who can make it. Still, it is incontrovertible that there are people who have made millions my own age or who are internationally-ranked mathematicians. It's all sort of the big fish in a little pond concept, really.  I sometimes ask myself: How can I match up to that? I suppose you could say that that fear of not being someone in the world is my "bad dream." That's my interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment